If this isn’t what community spirit is about then I am not sure what is. What’s the old saying? It takes a village to raise children? The village certainly stepped in and lent a helping hand!
This year, in the Illawarra we had over 30 different individuals/ organisations/ businesses reach out to see how they could help us provide support to 200 children and teens this year AND their mum’s.
So we would like to thank you all. We have been rounding up some post-Christmas thank you cards and certificates hand crafted from the families we support.
SAHSSI also wants to make a special thank you to all our case managers who individually sort through the donations, hand wrap and deliver to ensure the gifts match the need of our families and they are received in time. We appreciate the time and effort you put in always.
- Ryan Park for Keira and his staff and supporters for his huge annual toy drive
- Staff at IACC – early childhood education, care and training and Ectarc early childhood training and professional development (who several years ago decided to run a Christmas Toy Drive instead of a work Secret Santa x)
- Silvergum Stables for the invite to their annual Christmas charity dinner and toy drive
- Centrelink staff across Illawarra (for food, teenage vouchers, women’s dignity items and women’s gifts)
- Staff at Australia Post Metro South Retail Network (a whole van full of hampers collected from staff throughout the year)
- Share the Dignity – over 90 dignity handbags to provide to women in need across Christmas time
- Domestic Violence NSW for toys and lots of Lego!
- Helensburgh Lions Club at Tradies Helensburgh for their annual SAHSSI Christmas Toy Drive
- To ALL of the Kiama community that come together to support us every year including the Kiama Bowling Club, Curves Kiama Angels Hair at Kiama (a salon that is at the heart of so much caring for SAHSSI clients)
- The owners of Il Porcellino Trattoria & Pizzeria restaurant in Balgownie for their annual SAHSSI Christmas Ham and their pizza and pasta donations to our refuge site
- Illawarra Radiography Group for their annual SAHSSI hamper
- U3A for their beautifully packaged women’s gifts and trinkets (scarves and makeup and jewellery)
- Environment Protection Authority NSW for their $450 cash donation
- The community at The Secret Garden Preschool for your emergency Santa packs (too cute)
- Staff at Australian Unity Home Care (women’s gifts)
- Elonera Montessori School, particularly the two Year 11 students (Olivia and Maariya) completed a project fundraising campaign for food and household items empowering the school community to come together and donate
- Staff National Australia Bank Fairy Meadow – for awesome and cool teen vouchers
- City of Wollongong Council – for their delivery of books via their Paint the Gong Red Book box literacy project
- Staff at Illawarra Area Health – food and dignity hampers to our temporary accommodation site
- Staff at Commonwealth Bank for their Christmas gifts also
- Michael and children who busk at Thirroul each year.
And all the individual people or families who donated items such as dignity bag(s), ham food or books ….thank you xxx