Client Service CharterWorking with You
SAHSSI will work with you to make sure you receive the best possible assistance to avoid becoming homeless or, if you are homeless, to access safe, affordable and secure housing. We are committed to working with you in a respectful way that protects your dignity, is fair, and does not discriminate.
- You will be treated in a professional, courteous and caring manner, and receive the quality and level of service based on your need, regardless of your gender, religious, cultural or linguistic background, sexual orientation, age disability or family status.
- Your personal privacy will be respected and confidentially protected, except where we have a legal obligation, and we will explain to you what this means when you use our service.
- You have the right to use our service if it matches your need and what we are funded to provide.
- We will work in partnership with you to identify your needs and develop a plan with you and other agencies to meet your needs.
- You have the right to put forward a complaint and we will respond in a confidential, respectful and timely way.
- We will inform you of your rights and responsibilities when you receive a service from us.
- You will be provided with opportunities to take an active role in the decision making process of our service.
- We will provide you with a range of suitable referral and support options.
- We aim for you to feel safe and we will have systems in place to ensure protection from harm.
- You can expect our service to meet health and safety requirements.
- We will regularly ask for your opinions, and seek suggestions on the service we offer.
- If you have a child less than 16 years, you have the right to have their needs considered and linked to suitable responses.
As a Client of a Specialist Homelessness Service, You Have a Responsibility To:
- Be respectful of others, including staff, volunteers and other clients
- Be respectful of the organisations property
- Be an active participant in your service, including taking part in case planning and management sessions and fulfilling your commitments under your case plan
- Actively and positively contribute to resolving your own homelessness or risk of homelessness
- Participate in the service in a fit state (not under the influence of drugs or alcohol)
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information about other clients or participants in groups or programs
- Provide accurate information about yourself in order to receive the best service